As summer approaches parents are gearing up for a roster of summer camps for their children, and Philadelphia Dance Academy has the best options in Philadelphia for keeping your child active, engaged, and learning. The programs range from offering training for teen intermediate and advanced dancers, to beginners who just want to “move it, move it”!
The structured programs treat participants to a day of mixed activities including pilates, ballet, jazz, breathing & posture sessions, musical theatre choreography workshop, storytelling through dance and creative thinking exercises. The teen intensive program for teens with 2 or more years of experience provides a structured day of salsa dancing, jazz, theatre, modern ballet, nutrition seminars, and guest teachers.
The entire 2012 Summer Enrollment at Philadelphia Dance Academy are offered in a variety of times, levels and ages such as:
• Creative Movement – Tuesday and Thursday from 10:30am – 11:30am from June 19th – July 26th. Cost is $100 for one day per week or $180 for both days.
• Half-Day Performing Arts is available for children ages four to six Monday through Friday from 9:00am – 12:00pm from June 18-29 and August 6-17. The cost is $200 for one week or $1775 for each additional week.
• Full-Day Performing Arts is available for children ages six to ten Monday through Friday from 9:00am – 3:00pm from June 18-29 and August 6-17. The cost is $325 for one week and $275 for each additional week.
• Intermediate Intensive is available for children ages eight to thirteen in ballet IIIA, IIIB, IV – 4 weeks. The child must sign up for at least 2 week. This is offered Monday through Friday 9:00am – 3:00pm June 18th-July 13. Cost is $300 per week. Students must have at least 2 years of ballet to be eligible.
• Intermediate/Advanced Intensive is available for ages 13+ Ballet IVA, IVB, V – 2 weeks. This is offered Monday through Friday from 9:00am-3:00pm August 6-17. Students must have at least 2 years of ballet to be eligible. Cost is $300.00 per week.
• Theater Performance Program is available for children ages six to twelve Monday through Friday 9:30am-3:00pm from July 16-20. This program is led by Jennifer Lameo the Director of the Theater Dance Program at PDA. Cost is $325 for the week.
For parent’s convenience, Early Drop-off and After Care are also available.
Early Drop-off is from 8:30-9:00am and available for all weekends except Theater Performance. Cost is $25.00 per week.
After Care is from 8:30 – 5:00pm and available for all weeks. Cost is $75 per week.